Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Trouble registering 08 Tacoma TPMS
Trouble registering 08 Tacoma TPMS

2826 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-18 10:15:25

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    chasr212r
    2015-03-17 11:04:05

I'm using my MAXIDAS DS708 to register new Tire pressure sensor into a 2008 Toyota Tacoma, but when I get to the screen to type in the sensor ID's it will only allow me to put in 7 characters but the sensors use a 10 digit ID. I'm installing VDO Redi Sensors.

Is there a way to get the scanner to allow me to enter the 10 digit sensor ID's?

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-03-17 11:21:09 (Reply to:chasr212r)

I had the same issue, just put zero's in front of the 7 digits.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    chasr212r
    2015-03-18 10:15:25 (Reply to:Dave08902)

Thank you, but my issue is different. When I go to the TPMS sensor registration screen for the 08 Tacoma in my Maxidas scanner it ask me for the sensor ID and it shows 7 zeros where the new sensor ID is to be input. The issue I have is that the  ID's that I was provided with from the Redi-sensors using my Autel TS401 TPMS tool is giving me a 9 digit number and a "D" at the end. My Autel scanner only allows 7 digits or letters so I'm not able to enter the Redi-sensor ID's.

I tried entering just the first 7 digits of the Redi-sensor ID's and that didn't work, so I tried the last 7 including the "D" and that didn't work (the vehicle wouldn't recognize the sensors).   It just shouldn't be this difficult.

I'm planning on sending my customer to a local shop that uses the Bartec Tec 400 tpms system which allows him to copy the sensor ID's into the tool and then uploads them to the vehicle through the OBD II connector eliminating the need to type in the ID's the way I am trying to with the Maxidas scanner. 

If you or anyone else has any more input about the issue I'd like to hear it.

Thank you 

Total1 Pages